Sunday, May 13, 2012

What is Eternal Life?

 What is Eternal Life? Does it start after we die? Jesus uses this word a lot with explanation to what exactly He means. That leaves use to assume many things when we read that phrase "Eternal Life". Did you know Jesus actually explains exactly what Eternal Life is?

 John 17:2 ...that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life. 17:3 This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. (NASB - sent from CadreBible)

Do you "KNOW" God? That word "know" is not like...I know who the President is....it is an intimate level of know. For example I know my wife and kids. I know my wifes likes and dislikes, I know my kids fears and triumphs. All this knowledge only comes through relationship. So do you "KNOW" God? His likes and dislikes? His favorite things? His personal interactions with you? You see God is Eternal. If you interact with Him you are entering in Eternity with Him, even at that moment while still being trapped in time and space(creation).
 Eternal life starts now. And it only comes through Jesus who is able and eager to forgive us of our sins, and therefore making us able to have a relationship with God.


No comments:

Post a Comment